Difference between revisions of "Quick start guide for Language Coordinators"
(Created page with "In this article you will find the first few things you need to know when you become a Language Coordinator. Please browse through the information below, watch the videos, and if ...")
Revision as of 12:19, 10 July 2017
In this article you will find the first few things you need to know when you become a Language Coordinator. Please browse through the information below, watch the videos, and if you have any questions, Please contact Dimitra Papageorgiou or your fellow Language Coordinators.
- 1 How to assign/remove a task from a translator
- 2 How to roll back to a previous revision
- 3 How to use the diffing tool
- 4 How to post edit a published task
- 5 How to add a TEDxTalk to Amara
- 6 How to report problems related to TED.com
- 7 How to report problems related to Amara.org
- 8 How to request a credit correction
- 9 More information related to Language Coordinators
How to assign/remove a task from a translator
- If you want to assign a task to a specific translator, watch this video tutorial on how to assign a task or read the article. Always explain via PM this action to the translator.
How to roll back to a previous revision
- If you are not happy with the changes you or another translator have made to the subtitles, you can easily switch to any earlier subtitle version of your choice. Watch this video tutorial on how to roll-back to a previous revision or read the article. Always explain this decision to the translator.
How to use the diffing tool
- You can check any two subtitle versions on the revisions list to compare them. By default, the last revision is always checked, so, if you need to compare two other versions, please uncheck the most recent one to be able to select something else. Watch the video tutorial on how to use the diffing tool.
How to post edit a published task
- Your Language Coordinator privileges allow you to make changes in a translation or a transcript after they have been approved and published.
Watch the vieo tutorial on how to post-edit published subtitles.
How to add a TEDxTalk to Amara
- Use this form to add TEDx Talks to TED Team on Amara. For more information, watch the video tutorial. Fill out all the required information, and you will be notified by email once the task is available.
- You can file a bug report at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your report please include:
- The page where you encountered the problem
- A concise description
- Your browser information
- Tickets are the correct way to report problems and bugs with Amara. You can send your tickets to email@example.com. When you file a support ticket, it's important to include all the necessary information that will help the support team follow up on your request, and investigate the problem. Watch this video tutorial for more information.
How to request a credit correction
- If your translation credit (attribution) is wrong, please submit the following information via this form