Resources for Language Coordinators
Useful links, tutorials and more, for Language Coordinators.
General LC resources
- Language Coordinators list
- How to tackle an approval
- How to give good feedback
- When to send a task back
- All LC-specific resources on OTPedia
- Facebook groups
- Welcome message template – Use this template to create your own Amara welcome message that can be sent automatically to new users in your language (to learn how to make it happen, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video tutorials for Language Coordinators
- Amara how-to's for Language Coordinators
- Form: Abuse report form – use to report abuse and misconduct among TED Translators
- Form: Application form for new LCs
- Map: Translator events – Form: Submit information for the Translator events map
- Form: Stories of impact – Share your story on how TED has impacted you, a friend, or your community.
- Yasushi's tools A collection of tools, with community stats, subtitle info, diffing info, and more:
- TED Translator pages on TED.com
- Transcription section on TED.com
- OTPedia, the TED Translator encyclopedia (this page here!)
- How to edit OTPedia
- Video Tutorials on Youtube
- How to Tackle a Transcript
- How to Tackle a Translation
- How to Tackle a Review
- How to break lines
- How to compress subtitles
- How to use sound representation
- The translator's research toolbox
- How to give good feedback – for reviewers
- English Style Guide
- Form: Add a TEDx talk to Amara
Find many more useful links by browsing the index of the main guide to TED Translator resources.
Amara Support database
Report a bug or a problem
If you need to report an Amara bug, please visit TED-Amara support or email Amara at: email@example.com
If your problem is related to TED.com (attribution, TED profile, etc) please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure how to write a bug report? See here.