How to find your Amara user name
Your Amara user name can be useful when reporting various Amara issues (for example, when fixing crediting mistakes). Your user name is different from your email address or your full name on Amara. Here is how to find your Amara user name:
1. If you are not logged in, click "Sign in" in the top right corner, and use your TED.com account for authentication when prompted. Once logged in, click your user name (top right) and then select "Profile" from the drop-down menu that appears:
2. You can copy your user name from the "About" section on the left (no parentheses). Alternatively, click the "Account" tab: your user name will be visible in the "Username" box.
If you need any more help navigating the Amara interface, here are some useful links:
- A TED Translator guide to using Amara
- A more comprehensive guide in Amara's user support section
- Video tutorials from Amara
- 5 short tutorials on TED-Translator program-related features on Amara, by Els De Keyser
- This OTP Learning Series tutorial shows how to find a video to subtitle on Amara
- Amara Support Home for TED Team members
To report a bug on Amara, send an email to TEDsupport@amara.org.