Difference between revisions of "Babel"
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 18:49, 28 July 2011
|40x40px||Look up babel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Babel is the name used in the Hebrew Bible for the city of Babylon.
Babel may also refer to:
- Isaak Babel, Soviet journalist, playwright, and short story writer
- Ryan Babel, Dutch footballer
- Markus Babbel, German footballer
- The Babil Governorate in Iraq (named after Babylon) is sometimes transliterated as "Babel".
- Babel Island, Tasmania, Australia
- Mount Babel (Alberta), Canada
- Mount Babel (Quebec), Canada
Tower of Babel
- Tower of Babel - Biblical account
- Tower of Babel (disambiguation) - various artistic and written works deriving from the Biblical account
- Babel (newspaper), an Iraqi newspaper
- Babel (book), by Patti Smith
- Babel-17, a science fiction novel by Samuel R. Delany in which the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis is strongly influential
- Babel, a journal produced by the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations
- Babel Fish (band), a Norwegian band who got their name from the Douglas Adams books
- Babel (soundtrack), the soundtrack album from the 2006 film
- Babel Label, a British record label
- "Babel", a song from the album Heligoland by Massive Attack
- Babel fish, a fictional creature from Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
- Babel Fish (website), an automated bilingual dictionary lookup service for words and phrases
- "Babel" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Babel (planet), a neutrally aligned planet in the fictional Star Trek universe
- "Journey to Babel", an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series
- "Babel One", an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
- Babels, a volunteer translators network
- GPSBabel, GPS file format conversion software
- OpenBabel, open-source chemical modeling software
- Wikipedia:Babel, a language template system to identify Wikipedia users speaking certain languages
- Babel (protocol), a loop-free distance-vector routing protocol
- Babel, a Turbo CD role-playing game released by Nippon Telenet
- 5808 Babel', a minor planet
- All pages beginning with "Babel"
- All pages with titles containing "Babel"
- Babble (disambiguation)
- Bab (disambiguation)
|30px||This page or section lists people with the surname Babel. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|30px|| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
ca:Babel cs:Babel cy:Babel de:Babel el:Βαβέλ es:Babel (desambiguación) eu:Babel (argipena) fr:Babel ko:바벨 id:Babel it:Babel he:באבל hu:Bábel (egyértelműsítő lap) arz:بابل nl:Babel ja:バベル pl:Babel pt:Babel ro:Babel (dezambiguizare) ru:Бабель sr:Вавилон (вишезначна одредница) fi:Babel sv:Babel th:Babel zh:Babel